Robin P. Gehris
Triple Board Certified in Pediatric Dermatology, Dermatology and Pediatrics
Robin Gehris, M.D. joined Riverchase Dermatology after serving as the Chief of Pediatric Dermatology at UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh for 14 years. UPMC Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh ranks in the top ten of the U.S. News & World Report Children’s Hospitals. During her time there, Dr. Gehris led a thriving outpatient pediatric dermatology practice, pioneered a pediatric teledermatology consultation program, and was one of the founding members of the Pediatric Melanoma Center. She was recognized in 2021 as one of Pittsburgh Magazine’s and Castle Connolly’s Top Doctors in Dermatology.
After graduating from Duke University, Dr. Gehris received her Medical Degree from the University of Pittsburgh and completed her Pediatric Residency at Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh, where she served as Pediatric Chief Resident. She went on to complete a Dermatology Residency, Dermatology Chief Residency, and Pediatric Dermatology Fellowship at the University of Pittsburgh. She is one of only a few physicians in the US to be triple board certified in Dermatology, Pediatric Dermatology and Pediatrics. Dr. Gehris has taught and mentored medical students, dermatology residents, pediatric residents, and fellows and has won teaching awards in the school of medicine as well as in both the pediatric and dermatology residency programs. She has published several book chapters and over 40 peer-reviewed articles and has presented both locally and nationally in her field. She has been a repeat guest on Sirius XM Doctor Radio and has performed numerous media interviews. Dr. Gehris sees patients from birth through 50 years of age with special interests including acne in patients of all ages, hemangiomas and vascular malformations, neonatal dermatology, birthmarks, moles, eczema & atopic dermatitis, and rashes. She performs office-based surgeries as well as botulinum toxin injections for cosmetics and axillary hyperhidrosis.
Dr. Gehris’s interests outside of the office include extending dermatologic care by means of telemedicine, teaching, and speaking. In her spare time, she enjoys time with her husband, two daughters, stepson, and Great Dane, as well as photography and all things outdoors, but especially swimming, beach walks, biking, tennis and skiing. She also likes to travel and explore restaurants, art museums, and galleries.
- Pediatric & Adolescent Dermatology
- Young Adult Dermatology up to age 50
- Bachelor of Science, Psychology and Biology, Duke University – Durham, NC
- Doctor of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh, PA
- Pediatric Residency & Pediatric Chief Residency, Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh – Pittsburgh, PA
- Dermatology Residency & Dermatology Chief Residency – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) – Pittsburgh, PA
- Pediatric Dermatology Fellowship – University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) – Pittsburgh, PA
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- American Board of Dermatology
- American Board of Pediatrics
- American Board of Dermatology, Pediatric Dermatology
- The American Academy of Dermatology, Diplomat
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow
- Society for Pediatric Dermatology, Member
- Pittsburgh Academy of Dermatology, Member
- Dermatology Education Foundation Leaders Society, Member
- Pennsylvania Academy of Dermatology, Member