Heather Elizabeth Pontasch
Board Certified Dermatology
Medical, Surgical and Pediatric Dermatology
Dr. Heather E. Pontasch joins Riverchase in 2016 with years of experience as a Board Certified Dermatologist. She is originally from Northern Iowa and graduated Magna Cum Laude with degrees in Biology and English from Luther College.
Dr. Pontasch received her medical degree at the University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine where she was inducted into the Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society. She also completed an internship year at St. Vincent Hospital in Indianapolis before pursuing her Dermatology training at University of Michigan Hospitals and Clinics.
Dr. Pontasch specializes in Medical, Surgical and Pediatric Dermatology.
Dr. Pontasch has participated in several medical mission trips to Tanzania and Mexico. During her residency, she worked to establish specialty dermatology care through a free, local clinic. Dr. Pontasch also participated as a sub-investigator in clinical psoriasis research while at the University of Michigan. She spends her personal time reading, cooking, and exploring the South Florida area with her husband.
- Bachelor of Science, Magna Cum Laude – Luther College, Decorah, Iowa
- Doctor of Medicine – University of Iowa College of Medicine, Iowa City, Iowa
- Internship, Transitional Year Medicine – St. Vincent Hospital, Indianapolis, Indiana
- Dermatology Residency – University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, Michigan
Accreditations and Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Dermatology
- Florida Medical Association
- Outstanding Achievement in Dermatology Research – University of Iowa Dermatology Department
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society – University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Research Distinction Tract – University of Iowa Carver College of Medicine
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society – Luther College