Board Certified Dermatologist
Dr. Michael Wartels joins Riverchase Dermatology with a wealth of experience in general and surgical dermatology. He is board certified by The American Academy of Dermatology and has been practicing for over 30 years. Dr. Wartels graduated with honors from both the New York University School of Medicine and the University of Pennsylvania. He completed his dermatology residency at Albert Einstein College of medicine under the tutelage of Dr. Michael Fisher and interned at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, New York.
After completion of his residency program, Dr. Wartels began his career in New York City then relocated to Ocala, Florida where he has been in private practice for the past 22 years.
Dr. Wartels has a longstanding commitment of active involvement with Camp Knutson, a transformative program for individuals with disabilities related to severe dermatologic afflictions.
A New York native, happily married, proud father of two, Dr. Wartels enjoys an active lifestyle which includes tennis and running.
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- Doctor of Medicine, New York University School of Medicine, New York City, NY
- Internship in Medicine, Strong Memorial Hospital, Rochester, NY
- Resident in Dermatology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, New York City, NY
Accreditation and Professional Memberships
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Cryosurgery
- American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery
- International Society of Dermatology
- Dermatology Foundation
- American Medical Association
- Florida Society of Dermatologic Surgeons
- Florida Medical Association
- The National Psoriasis Foundation