Board Certified Advanced Practice Registered Nurse
Family Nurse Practitioner
Meet Gia Edge, a highly skilled Family Nurse Practitioner with over ten years of experience working with patients of all ages. Gia earned both her undergraduate degree and Master of Science degree in Nursing from Florida Gulf Coast University. She passionately advocates for educating her patients and the community on the critical importance of preventing skin cancer and getting regular screenings. Her areas of expertise include general dermatology, cosmetics, and aesthetic medicine.
Gia is an active member of various organizations, including Golden Key International Honor Society, Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing, American Association of Nurse Practitioners, Florida Nurses Association, American Nurses Association, The National Academy of Dermatology Nurse Practitioners, Dermatology Nurses Association, and The Nurse Practitioners of Lee County.
In her free time, Gia enjoys spending quality time with her husband and two children. She loves to visit Disney with her family and enjoys DIY home projects.
Gia feels fortunate to have found a profession that allows her to channel her personal passion. She is zealous about prevention of skin damage, particularly in children. Her objective is to inspire young patients and others to adopt manageable routines for safeguarding their skin from harm. As a three-time melanoma survivor, Gia can offer practical advice to her patients on how to deal with the medical and emotional challenges of a cancer diagnosis.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing- Florida Gulf Coast University
- Master of Science in Nursing / Family Nurse Practitioner – Florida Gulf Coast University
- Adult & Pediatric Dermatology
- Cosmetic Dermatology
Professional Memberships and Certifications
- National Academy of Dermatology Nurse Practitioners
- The Nurse Practitioners of Lee County
- Florida Nurses Association
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- Dermatology Nurses Association
- Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- American Nurses Association
- Golden Key International Honor Society
- Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing
- Board Certified by the American Nurses Credentialing Center