MD, DABVLM, FACEP
American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
Douglas Ward MD, DABVLM, FACEP received his medical degree from Loyola University Medical School in Chicago. He completed a residency in Emergency Medicine in Dayton, Ohio at Wright State University. He attended Illinois State University and obtained a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science. After practicing Emergency Medicine for 20 years, he expanded his medical career to treat patients with venous and lymphatic disease.
Dr. Ward was a founding partner and President of Heartland Emergency Specialists medical group for 11 years. He has served as the Chairman and Medical Director of a Level 2 Trauma Center and was the director of EMS services in the McLean County region in Illinois.
After many rewarding years in Emergency Medicine, Dr. Ward wanted to spend more time with his patients and began his training in Phlebology (the study of veins and venous health). He is certified by the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine and is a Diplomate of the board. He has maintained his board certification with the American Board of Emergency Medicine.
In his spare time, Dr. Ward enjoys traveling, fishing, astronomy, biking, and spending time with his wife, Stephanie, and their children, Jake and Lexi.
Dr. Ward currently treats vein disease with minimally invasive techniques including laser and radio-frequency. He performs his own ultrasound evaluations, ultrasound guided and visual sclerotherapy for both symptomatic and cosmetic vein treatment. He has joined the Riverchase Dermatology team to help educate and provide treatment to those suffering from varicose vein disease.
Education & Training
- Doctor of Medicine, Loyola University Medical School
- Residency in Emergency Medicine, Wright State University School of Medicine
- Internal Fellowship, Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Illinois State University
Accreditations and Professional Memberships
- American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine
- American Vein and Lymphatic Society
- American Board of Emergency Medicine
- American College of Emergency Physicians
- American Medical Association
- Florida Medical Association
You Deserve the Best of Dermatology with Sincere, Customized CareSchedule your appointment today to experience dermatology reimagined.
Schedule your next appointment