Wake up Beautiful, from Head to Toe!
Of course sleeping eight hours every night is the best remedy for beautiful skin, and for our health in general. But whether this is possible in our daily lives or not, the following recommendations will help your skin look its best, stay smooth and regain its natural glow.
1. Puffy eyes no more.
– Avoid salty meals throughout the day but in particular at dinner time. High intake of salt will make your body retain water and it will show especially in areas such as the lower eyelids.
– Also, position your pillow slightly elevated so that you can minimize the pooling of excess fluid to the eyelid area.
– Lastly, the night is the time to repair lines and stimulate collagen in the lower eyelids and all around the eyes. We recommend eye creams containing ‘peptides’, as these will be able to stimulate new collagen production. As a result, the skin will look tighter, smoother, but also dark circles circles will show less.
2. The nighttime is the time to repair facial skin and stimulate collagen, but most importantly, to prevent water loss and dehydration from the upper layers of skin.
– Apply a thin layer of a moisturizer containing ‘ceramides’, as they will do two things:
– they will prevent water loss during the nighttime, allowing you to have a smooth, plump complexion in the morning, but also
– they will replenish the layer of fatty acids that are vital to keep the skin pH and its health.
3. Don’t forget the neck!
The skin on the neck area might not tolerate retinoids and other ‘peeling-type’ creams so well, but it will certainly benefit from a high boost of antioxidants during the night. Apply a highly moisturizing, antioxidant-rich cream to the neck area for a smoother look in the morning.
4. Wake up to beautiful hands!
Avoid excessive handwashing with harsh detergents throughout the day and frequently moisturize your hands. However, the nighttime is crucial to keep the skin of the hands smooth and minimize the appearance of the fine lines and wrinkles that tend to develop overtime on the skin.
Apply a thick layer of a protective moisturizer at night in order to prevent water loss and keep the skin plump. Immediately after, put on thin white cotton gloves to retain the effect of the moisturizer and avoid spreading it over your sheets.
5. Beautiful feet complete the nighttime recovery routine!
We never have time to take proper care of our feet and typically end up having to do lengthy and/or expensive pedicures every several weeks. You may be surprised how easy to maintain smooth skin on the feet may be with a little bit of local care every night before bedtime.
Before going to bed, and especially right after the shower, apply a thin to medium layer of a hydrating moisturizer with additional properties of peeling or desquamating the dead skin cells. Put on cotton socks immediately after, in order maintain the effect throughout the night. You will see a noticeable difference after 7 to 10 days of following this routine, and will not be embarrassed to wear your sandals in the morning!
6. Lastly, Keep the skin healthy balanced and without flares of sensitive skin or allergies. Always keep in mind that the proper choice of laundry detergent, such as ALL Detergent, with which to wash your sheets and pillowcases is essential to avoid skin dryness and irritation, such as allergies. Many times patients suffer from puffy, wrinkly skin around the eyes because they are allergic to the laundry detergent that they use. And always avoid using fabric softener in general for your bedding!