William S. Wittenborn, MD
Board Certified and Fellowship Trained Plastic Surgeon
Board Certified General Surgeon
William S. Wittenborn is proud to be a board-certified, fellowship-trained Plastic Surgeon and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. He is a graduate of The University of North Carolina and St. George’s University School of Medicine. He completed his general surgery residency at Mercy Catholic Medical Center in Philadelphia and his plastic surgery training at The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. He was privileged to also complete a cosmetic internship at the renowned Manhattan Eye, Ear and Throat Hospital in New York. Practicing in Fort Myers for over 15 years, he is a native of New Jersey but has made South Florida his home.
Dr. Wittenborn recognizes the selection of any plastic surgeon is an extremely important decision for any prospective patient. Dr. Wittenborn prides himself on being an attentive listener and ensuring each patient is well informed and comfortable with his or her procedure. His entire team is empowered to give each patient the best surgical experience possible.
Dr. Wittenborn specializes in cosmetic surgery of the face, breast and body and has extensive training in the most recent cosmetic procedures. He also concentrates on skin cancer reconstructive surgery, breast cancer reconstruction, complex wound reconstruction and hair transplants.
In addition to practicing plastic surgery, Dr. Wittenborn is an avid runner and fisherman. He also enjoys cooking for friends and family. He relaxes while boating with his wife Anne, and two teenage children, Walker and Peyton.
- Doctor of Medicine – St. George’s University School of Medicine – Grenada, WI
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Minor in Chemistry – University of North Carolina – Greensboro, NC
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship – University of Oklahoma Health Services Center
- Hand & Microvascular Fellowship – University of South Florida
- Chief Surgical Resident – Mercy Catholic Medical Center
- Surgical Resident – Christiana Care Health System
Certifications and Professional Memberships
- Board Certified – General Surgery
- Board Certified – Plastic Surgery
- Member – Lee County Medical Society
- Member – Florida Medical Society
- Member – American Society of Plastic Surgery
- Member – American Board of Plastic Surgery
- Member – American Medical Association
- Member – American Board of Surgery