Virtual Dermatology Visits
Introducing Riverchase Telemedicine
Connect with your provider virtually, from the comfort and safety of your home, on your computer or smart device. Most major insurances accepted.
Get Started Today
You can request a Riverchase Telemedicine visit with your provider in one of three ways.
- Call your Riverchase Dermatology office to book your next virtual appointment.
- Call 1-800-591-3376 to request a virtual appointment.
- Schedule an appointment online.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a TeleHealth / Telemedicine / Virtual visit? It’s a simple and convenient option to see your provider from anywhere by just going online, clicking on a personalized virtual room link to join them for a video call.
- Do I have to download an app? There is no need to download software or create an account. You will need access to an internet connection. Just use a browser on a computer or device with a camera and microphone enabled.
- What do I need? You will need a computer or smart device, such as a cell phone or tablet, with a camera and microphone enabled. Please ensure you have your photo I.D. ready when starting your visit.
- How do I log in? Riverchase will send you the 5 easy steps that you should follow to start your virtual visit. This link to your virtual waiting room will be sent via email/text the day before your visit. All you have to do is click on the link that was sent to you to start your visit. We recommend arriving to your virtual appointment 5 minutes early to test your device and connection.
- Will my insurance cover this? In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, many insurance carriers are temporarily changing their guidelines and allowing increased coverage with easier access to telemedicine services. Please note that insurance guidelines are continually evolving in the midst of the COVID-19 situation. We will bill your insurance accordingly. Once the claim has been filed and processed, we will bill patients based on their insurance companies’ adjudication of the claim. Although we are not be collecting copays/deductible/coinsurance at “virtual” time-of-service, we will still be billing the insurance companies as usual. Medicare has waived co-pays for telemedicine visits right now as an effort to encourage this form of communication over in-person visits when possible.
- How can the provider diagnose a lesion through the PC? Our practice has selected an advanced telemedicine platform, Doxy.me PRO, that allows our providers to diagnose different skin conditions through your computer or smart device video. Telemedicine technology is more sophisticated now than ever before. During your virtual appointment, your provider may take screenshots of the lesion or ask that you send pictures for further evaluation. Should your provider feel you need to be seen in person, we will arrange for you to come in for an urgent visit to one of our select locations as soon and safely as possible.
- Can I schedule a complimentary cosmetic consultation and discuss some of my medical concerns as well? When scheduling a cosmetic telehealth consultation, I understand this telehealth visit is for cosmetic service(s) consultation, only. Questions regarding medications, treatment of medical conditions, evaluation of spots of concern, or discussion of any other dermatology/medical issues constitute a medical dermatology telehealth visit resulting in application of copays/coinsurance and claim submission to my healthcare insurance company.
- Do I need to complete all the new patient paperwork even though I am scheduling a complimentary cosmetic consultation? Patient paperwork is imperative when conducting a thorough cosmetic evaluation. All patients will be asked to complete new patient paperwork to include patient demographics and medical history.
- Can I send pictures of my lesions and/or areas of concerns beforehand? You will be able to safely upload images during your virtual visit via your Doxy.me room. We recommend that you take pictures in a well-lit area.
- I don’t have insurance; can I sign up for Telehealth? Yes, self-pay patients may qualify for a special rate.
- Is this a secured method? All data is encrypted, your sessions are anonymous, and none of your information is stored. We adhere to HIPAA, PIPEDA, and GDPR data privacy requirements.
5 Steps for a smooth check-in
Use a fully charged or plugged-In computer, tablet or smart phone, with a camera / microphone.
Enter the provided rcd.doxy.me URL provided to you upon scheduling into your browser.
Type in your first name and click the check-in button.
Allow your browser to use your webcam and microphone.
Patiently wait for your provider to start your virtual appointment.
Tips for Success
- Have a good internet connection
- Restart your device before the visit
- Use the “TEST” button in the waiting room
- Need help? Visit https://doxy.me