Stella Bulengo, MD, FAAD, FASDP
Board Certified Dermatologist
Board Certified Dermatopathologist
Dr. Bulengo joins Riverchase in 2016 as a Board Certified Dermatologist and Dermatopathologist with over 20 years of
experience specializing in diseases of the skin, hair and nails. Her background is extensive and her compassionate, caring disposition make her one of the most solicited specialists in the field. Dr. Bulengo is truly dedicated to helping her patients achieve healthy, youthful skin through quality and personalized care.
Dr. Bulengo earned her undergraduate and medical degrees at the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, where she also completed her residency. She completed her internship at The Cleveland Clinic Foundation in Ohio and her Dermatopathology Fellowship at the Medical University of South Carolina. Dr. Bulengo is a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and the American Society of Dermatopathology.
Dr. Bulengo enjoys spending time and doing activities with her three children and family, traveling, charity work in the community, exercising, reading, piano, and helping the underserved in Tanzania through her mother’s foundation.
- Residency – University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Internship – The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Ohio
- Dermatopathology Fellowship – The Medical University of South Carolina
Accreditations and Professional Membership
- Board Certification in Dermatology
- Board Certified Dermatopathologist
- Fellow – American Academy of Dermatology
- Fellow – American Society of Dermatopathology
- Clinical Assistant Professor – Department of Pathology, Medical College of Georgia
- Gold Leader Volunteerism award 2007 by American Academy of Dermatology for volunteer work in Tanzania and in her community dedicating time in the prevention and awareness of skin cancer
- First author of several publications in medical journals and co-author chapter in awarded book on skin disorders