DO, FAAD, FAOCD
Board Certified Dermatologist
Fellowship Trained Mohs Surgeon
Scott Deckelbaum, D.O., FAAD, FAOCD is a Board-Certified Dermatologist and Fellow of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology highly trained in medical dermatology and Mohs surgery.
Dr. Deckelbaum graduated from Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. He completed a Family Medicine Residency at Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY and a dermatology residency at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach in Long Beach, CA. He then went on to complete a one-year Mohs Micrographic Surgery Fellowship at the Tulsa Cancer Institute in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Dr. Deckelbaum has a special interest in skin cancer screenings, precancerous lesions, and the use of surgery to treat benign and malignant lesions of the skin. He has specialized training in Mohs Micrographic Surgery and advanced reconstruction techniques to treat high risk skin cancers on the head, neck and body.
Dr. Deckelbaum enjoys spending his free time with his wife and children.
- Medical dermatology and dermatologic surgery
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Advanced Skin Cancer Reconstruction
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- Nova Southeastern University, College of
- Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Bachelor of Science – Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery Fellowship- Tulsa Cancer Institute in Tulsa, OK
- Dermatology Residency- Western University/Pacific Hospital of Long Beach in Long Beach, CA
- Family Medicine Residency- Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Predoctoral Teaching Award – Depart of Family and Community Medicine,
- Albany Medical Center, 2005 and 2006
- Psi Sigma Alpha – National Osteopathic Scholastic Honor Society
- Dean’s List – Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Outstanding Achievement in Math, Science and Technology – Farquarhar
- Center for Undergraduate Studies, Nova Southeastern University
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Mohs Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery