Scott Deckelbaum, D.O., FAAD, FAOCD
Fellowship Trained Mohs Surgeon
Scott Deckelbaum, D.O., FAAD, FAOCD joins Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery in 2018 as a Board-Certified Dermatologist and Fellow of the American Osteopathic College of Dermatology highly trained in medical dermatology and Mohs surgery.
Dr. Deckelbaum graduated from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. He completed a Family Medicine Residency at Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY, and a dermatology residency at Pacific Hospital of Long Beach in Long Beach, CA. He then went on to complete a one-year Mohs Micrographic Surgery Fellowship at the Tulsa Cancer Institute in Tulsa, Oklahoma.
Dr. Deckelbaum has a special interest in skin cancer screenings, precancerous lesions, and the use of Mohs Micrographic Surgery to treat certain types of skin cancer. When not in clinic, Dr. Deckelbaum enjoys spending time with his wife and children.
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine- Nova Southeastern University, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Bachelor of Science – Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery Fellowship- Tulsa Cancer Institute in Tulsa, OK
- Dermatology Residency- Western University/Pacific Hospital in Long Beach in Long Beach, CA
- Family Medicine Residency- Albany Medical Center in Albany, NY
- Predoctoral Teaching Award – Depart of Family and Community Medicine, Albany Medical Center, 2005 and 2006
- Psi Sigma Alpha – National Osteopathic Scholastic Honor Society
- Dean’s List – Nova Southeastern University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Outstanding Achievement in Math, Science and Technology – Farquarhar Center for Undergraduate Studies, Nova Southeastern University
- American Osteopathic College of Dermatology
- American Osteopathic Association
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Mohs Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery