Salma Pothiawala, MD, MPH, FAAD
Board Certified Dermatologist
Salma Pothiawala, MD, MPH, FAAD joined Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery in 2017. Dr. Pothiawala was part of the ultra-competitive combined BS/MD program at the University of South Florida, where she earned a Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Sciences as well as her medical doctorate. During medical school, she pursued a joint MD/MPH degree, for which she moved to Boston to study at the Harvard School of Public Health. During this time, she was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society.
Upon graduating, Dr. Pothiawala completed an internship in internal medicine and a dermatology residency at the University of South Florida, College of Medicine. She has published numerous papers in leading dermatology journals, written chapters in dermatology textbooks, and presented at national meetings.
Dr. Pothiawala brings with her an extensive experience in cosmetic dermatology, employing the latest cutting-edge technologies to facial aesthetics, skin tightening, and scarring.
In addition to her board certification in dermatology, Dr. Pothiawala is a fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery, and Women’s Dermatologic Society.
In her free time, Dr. Pothiawala enjoys spending time with family and friends, traveling, and biking.
- Master of Public Health – Harvard University, School of Public Health – Boston, MA
- Doctor of Medicine – University of South Florida College of Medicine – Tampa, FL
- Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Sciences – University of South Florida – Tampa, FL
- Dermatology Residency – University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine – Tampa, FL
- Internship – University of South Florida, Morsani College of Medicine – Tampa, FL
Accreditations and Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- American Medical Association
- Women’s Dermatologic Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society