Robert E. Eilers Jr.
Board Certified Dermatologist
Fellowship-Trained Mohs Surgeon
Robert E. Eilers Jr., MD, FAAD, is a Board Certified Dermatologist and a Fellowship-Trained Mohs Micrographic and Reconstructive Surgeon.
Dr. Eilers graduated from Northwestern University Cum Laude with a Bachelor of Arts in Neurobiology and as a member of the Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society. He attended the Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine where he was inducted into the prestigious Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society.
Dr. Eilers went on to complete his Internal Medicine Internship at Northwestern McGaw Hospital after which he pursued his Dermatology Residency at the University of Michigan. Additionally, he completed a one-year Mohs Micrographic Surgery and Dermatology Oncology Fellowship at the University of California, San Diego.
Dr. Eilers enjoys spending time with his wife, Heather Pontasch MD, who is a dermatologist at Riverchase Dermatology. In his free time, he also enjoys golfing, playing piano, and running.
- Bachelor of Arts, Neurobiology, Cum Laude – Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- Doctor of Medicine – Feinberg School of Medicine, Northwestern University, Chicago, IL
- Internal Medicine Internship – Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL
- Dermatology Residency – University of Michigan Hospitals, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Micrographic Surgery and Dermatologic Oncology Fellowship – University of California San Diego, La Jolla, CA
Accreditations and Professional Memberships
- American Board of Dermatology
- Fellow – American Academy of Dermatology
- Member – American College of Mohs Surgery
- Member – American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- Member – Florida Medical Association
- Member – Collier County Medical Society
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society – Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society – Northwestern University
- Alpha Lambda Delta Honor Society – Northwestern University