George E. Burns, M.D., FAAD
Board Certified Dermatologist
Fellowship-Trained Mohs Surgeon
George E. Burns, M.D., FAAD joins Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery in 2016 with a plethora of dermatology experience and Military service. Dr. Burns started his medical career at the United States Air Force Regional Medical Center in the Philippines. Dr. Burns later went on to USAF Regional Medical Centers in Germany where he served as Chief of Dermatology and Wilford Hall USAF Medical Center in Texas where he served as Chief of Dermatologic Surgery.
Dr. Burns served as Clinical Associate Professor at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. He has published many papers and physician reviewed articles, participated in research studies to advance the field of dermatology.
In his free time, Dr. Burns enjoys snow skiing, biking, hiking, traveling the world and spending time with his family.
- Doctor of Medicine – Albany Medical College – Albany, NY
- Bachelor of Science, Biology – Marietta College – Marietta, OH
- Mohs Surgery Fellowship – Richard Bennett, MD – Atlanta, GA & Emory University School of Medicine – Atlanta, GA
- Dermatology Residency – Boston University – Boston, MA
- Internship – Albany Medical Center – Albany, NY
Accreditations and Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American College of Mohs Surgery
- American Society for Dermatologic Surgery
- International Society of Dermatologic Surgery
- Society of Military Dermatologists