Charles L. Rodriguez, M.D.
Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
Charles L. Rodriguez, M.D. is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon who provides comprehensive plastic and reconstructive surgical care to patients in the Venice Island office of Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery. Prior to joining Riverchase Dermatology and Cosmetic Surgery, Dr. Rodriguez was a solo private practitioner for 10 years in Venice, Florida.
During his extensive education and training, Dr. Rodriguez was recognized for his outstanding skills and honored with the Stephen H. Miller Award for best Resident Instructor as well as Intern of the Year Award in General Surgery.
Dr. Rodriguez specializes in cosmetic surgery, skin cancer reconstructive surgery, breast cancer reconstruction, body contouring, and complex wound reconstruction. Dr. Rodriguez strives to provide the best care possible to his patients by listening and assessing their concerns, and then formulating the most appropriate treatment plan to achieve optimal results.
Outside of his plastic surgery practice, Dr. Rodriguez is a golf enthusiast and enjoys spending time with wife, Jane, and two sons, Christian and Andrew.
- Bachelor of Arts, Visual & Environmental Studies – Harvard University, Cambridge, Massachusetts
- Doctor of Medicine – New York University School of Medicine, New York
- General Surgery Residency – North Shore University Hospital – Long Island Jewish Medical Center, New York
- Plastic Surgery Fellowship – Penn State University Medical Center
Accreditations and Professional Memberships
- American Board of Plastic Surgery
- American Board of Surgery
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons
- Sarasota County Medical Society
“I was very nervous going in to see Dr. Rodriguez for the first time; I was extremely anxious about the procedure that was about to be scheduled. Dr. Rodriguez immediately put my mind at ease. He really took a lot of time with me and my husband, and he was very explicit regarding the procedure, how he would go about it, and his reasoning behind the technique. He made me feel as if I were the only patient he had that day. I am confident that I chose the right doctor to handle my procedure and I would definitely recommend him.”
“I have already recommended numerous people to Dr. Rodriguez. He spends the time that is needed to explain everything to you!”