Ashley G. Sanderson
Certified Physician Assistant
Ashley Sanderson, MMS, PA-C joined Riverchase in 2017 as a board-certified Physician Assistant. She graduated from the University of Maryland with a Bachelor of Science in Behavioral and Community Health. Out of passion for the healthcare field, she then pursued her Masters of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies from Nova Southeastern University in Fort Lauderdale, FL where she also participated in several clinical rotations including two Dermatology rotations.
Mrs. Sanderson is experienced in shave, punch and excisional biopsies as well as diagnosing skin cancer, and she has a passion for cosmetic dermatology, treating acne, psoriasis, and other complicated skin conditions. She is a member of the American Academy of Physician Assistants as well as the Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants.
A self-described “foodie”, Mrs. Sanderson enjoys cooking in her free time.
- Masters of Medical Science in Physician Assistant Studies, College of Health Care Sciences – Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Bachelor of Science in Behavioral and Community Health, School of Public Health – University of Maryland, College Park, MD
- Clinical Rotations – Dermatology, Plastic Surgery, Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Surgery, Family Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Psychiatry, and Emergency Medicine
Certifications and Professional Memberships
- American Academy of Physician Assistants
- Society of Dermatology Physician Assistants
- NCCPA Certification
- Florida State Licensure
- CPR, AED, ACLS, PALS Certification
- OSHA Blood Borne Pathogens Training
Honors and Awards
- College of Health Care Sciences Chancellor’s Scholarship Recipient
- Kalegethos Society, University of Maryland